Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Monterrey again

The Kentucky River snakes like a cotton wool Anaconda across the green landscape as mist hangs above the river. The windless, cloudless sky makes for a perfect morning as I lift off from Bluegrass Airport for another 10 day trip to Monterrey, Mexico. I can’t say I am looking forward to Mexico because this time of year the usual daytime temperature is around 40 degrees Celsius. Night time is only slightly cooler.

For the next 3 months while my local IT supervisor in Monterrey is on maternity leave I will be traveling to Mexico every 2 to 3 weeks for periods up to 12 days to manage the department there. During the many visits, on weekends, I hope to explore the Monterrey area in more detail, trips to the mountain caves nearby or a visit to Villa Santiago, and take a trip or two to other cities in Mexico like Guadalajara, with is many colonial buildings, or Cancun, with its many Mayan ruins (above left: The Mayan ruins of Chichen Itza near Cancun.)

No comments: