Thursday, August 14, 2008

A River Runs Through It


In some parts of Monterrey the phrase "a river runs through it" is very applicable when it rains. One such place is Avenue Isodoro Sepulveda, the street that run in front of our factory here in Monterrey. Just before I left work tonight, what I would call a mild thunderstorm, past over the area and turned the street into a river within minutes.

Driving to the hotel it felt at times like I was in a boat on a river as small waves hit the bottom of the car. I couldn't help but stop and take some pictures even though I was mildly concerned I would get stuck in knee-deep water while the car's battery warning light was flashing every now and then and twice I lost the power steering for short periods.

Notice the waves on the right just above the mirror.

No comments: