Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Hot Mama

100 °F / 38 °C today in Danville, Ky.

That is the first time since 1998 when we arrived in Danville that it hit triple figures. Add +60% humidity and on the heat index it felt like 107 °F / 42°C. Yikes!!! If I consider what the weather was like this year in Kentucky and I compare that to what the scientist is telling me should happen if the world really is getting hotter, than I can only deduct they may well be right. Or so it feels. Yikes!!! Am I going to be so lucky to experience the first man on the moon, man creating the information age, and man destroying our nicely balanced world weather all in my lifetime. How fortunate!


Truth is, in 1936 in the month of August the temperature in Danville hit 100 °F and above on a regular basis, day after day. And guess what...the world is still here...the air is a little more polluted...and people are probably just a little more crazier than then. Maybe? As Bob Dylan said: "I was so much older then, I'm so much younger now."

No comments: